October 25, 2018
1. Title: Whole Person Care Conference 2018
Join Healthcare and Faith Leaders as they discuss the Whole Person Care Initiative in California. The Whole Person Care Initiative is a new comprehensive approach to caring for the sick and dying, spearheaded by Catholic Healthcare, the Catholic Church, community healthcare providers, and public health leaders. This effort seeks to remake how our healthcare system addresses death and dying and lays out a vision for a network of care that addresses both the physical and spiritual dimensions of care. This day-long conference is open to professional care providers, community health leaders, parish volunteers and clergy. Palliative care leader and Chief Medical Officer for the Institute for Human Caring of Providence St. Joseph, Dr. Ira Byock will offer the keynote address.
- Ira Byock, MD, FAAHPM
- Megory Anderson, PhD
- Vincent Nguyen, DO
- Joseph Choi, M. Div.
- Vincent Pham, Dr. of Theology
- Mark Jablonski
- Sergio Ramos
- Bishop Kevin W. Vann, JCD, DD
2. Alzheimer’s Orange County is approved to offer the following continuing education units for professionals:
- BRN: Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN), Alzheimer’s Orange County, Provider #CEP 14757, for 4 contact hours.
- CAMFT/BBS: Alzheimer’s Orange County (AOC) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT) to sponsor continuing education for LMFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs, and/or LEPs. AOC maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This course meets the qualifications for 4 hours of continuing education credit as required by the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
3. Refund/Cancellation Policy
No refunds will be granted for this event. Ticket purchases are final.
4.Instructions for Requesting Accommodations for a Disability
Alzheimer’s Orange County will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. To request special accommodations please contact Esther Ramirez at (714) 282-3105 or by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org before the event.
5. Continuing Education Certificates of Completion
Certificates of Completion will be e-mailed within ten (10) days of course completion to participants who
return the completed course evaluation form.
Certificates will only be awarded to participants who attend for the full 4-hour conference.
No partial CE credit will be awarded.
6. Continuing Education Grievance Policy
The Education Department at Alzheimer’s Orange County is dedicated to providing quality, affordable continuing education to various professionals throughout the community. In an effort to meet the needs and expectations of our constituents, there is a process in place for a course participant who has a specific concern to voice his/her complaint.
Please submit any complaints in writing (postal letter or e-mail) within seven (7) days of the education event. Any complaints submitted will be handled confidentially. Please mail the complaint to Kari Walker, Director of Education, at the following e-mail or postal mail address:
Kari.Walker@alzoc.org OR Kari Walker, Director of Education,
2515 McCabe Way, Suite 200, Irvine, CA 92614
Please be sure to include:
- Your name and contact information
- The name of the course event
- The date of the course event
- The course presenter’s name
- A detailed description of the reason for the complaint
- The type of resolution you are expecting (this does not guarantee that a resolution will be approved)
A record of each complaint or grievance and its resolution is kept by the Education Director and reported with the CEU provider application and renewal.